The AOK offers additional benefits in the form of so-called health accounts (Gesundheitskonten). These include freely selectable benefits that are available to the insured during the period of a calendar year. Each insured person is offered a certain amount of money, the amount of which is reimbursed. Depending on the federal state, the health accounts can vary:
- AOK Baden-Württemberg: The AOK Baden-Württemberg offers two types of health accounts - a general health account and a health account for pregnant women. The former offers €150 per calendar year for services such as osteopathy, foreign vaccinations and homeopathic medicines. With a maximum of 250€ per year, the latter includes a midwife on-call service and a flat rate for prenatal care, which can be used for ultrasound examinations, an accompanying person for the birth preparation course, infant care course as well as relaxation and exercise courses.
- AOK Bayern: The health account "Mehr Vorsorge für mich" of the AOK Bayern. offers extended benefits up to 250€ per year. This is replenished every calendar year with 100€ for extended services and 150€ for health courses. These benefits include preventive medical check-ups for women over 25, pregnant women and their partners, travel vaccinations, homeopathic medicines and health courses. Depending on the service, the total costs or up to 80% will be reimbursed.
- AOK Bremen/Bremerhaven: At the beginning of 2017, AOK Bremen/Bremerhaven increased its offer of "300€ PLUS" to "500€ PLUS". Costs for osteopathy, homeopathy, vaccinations, dental cleaning etc. will be covered. New, for example, is the streptococcus test for pregnant women and special services for children.
- AOK Hessen: With the AOK Hessen, 400€ for eight different auxiliary services are made available annually- “Check-up 35” already starts at 25 years old, skin cancer Screening, Homeopathie, laughing gas sedation by removal of wisdom teeth, Mamma Care, Osteopathie, travel protection vaccinations, tooth sealing.
- AOK Niedersachsen: Customers benefit from additional services worth 250€ per year for two dental cleanings, skin cancer screening, osteopathy, travel vaccinations, etc. Only the original invoices must be submitted to AOK Niedersachsen for reimbursement. 80% of the invoice amount will be refunded.
- AOK Nordost: Customers are entitled to €270 per year for health courses, homeopathic medicines, baby swimming, birth preparation courses and many other additional services. The application for reimbursement must be submitted to AOK Nordost (Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern) by 31 March of the following year, including the invoice or proof of payment.
- AOK NORDWEST: For pregnant women a refund of 100€ is offered for various preventive medical examinations.In addition, 80% of the annual costs for a maximum of four osteopathic treatments (max. 40€ per session) will be covered. The same applies to natural remedies up to a maximum of 150€ per year.
- AOK PLUS: A subsidy of 150€ for prenatal non-invasive supplementary examinations is available from AOK PLUS or all expectant mothers.
- AOK Rheinland-Pfalz/Saarland: The AOK Rheinland-Pfalz/Saarland also offers its customers a health account with a special budget of 250€ per calendar year. For Osteopathy, homeopathische treatment and medications, natural medicaments, travel protection vaccinations, skin cancer early recognition, sport medical examinations as well as additional services for pregnant woman up to 80% of the invoice amount are refunded.
- AOK Rheinland/Hamburg: For special treatment methods, extended vaccinations, extended early detection examinations, professional dental cleaning, sports medical examinations, ophthalmological examinations for children up to seven years of age as well as extended services for families and pregnant women, AOK Rheinland/Hamburg provides € 125 per calendar year.
- AOK Sachsen-Anhalt: Last but not least, the additional services provided by AOK Sachsen-Anhalt should also be mentioned: For preventive medical check-ups 500€ per year are refunded, for hearing aids up to 800€ in five years, for vaccinations up to 300€ in two years, etc.. In addition, up to €1,000 (equivalent to 80% of the costs) are reimbursed annually for medical treatment by alternative practitioners and doctors. On top of this, special dental services and the AOK-ZahnPRIVAT tariff are also two attractive solutions for your dental needs.